Thursday, April 1, 2010

Storking

When a women in my community have a new baby, members of her community are asked to bring over a meal for the family. This is "storking". While I have lived in this community for about 9 years now, I have yet to meet very many women. Due to working, my geographic location in my neighborhood, or whatever, I don't have many friends within 2 miles of my house. So, my online community asked me to join the Storking Committee, I jumped on the chance.

What I hope to achieve in this new role is to not only meet women, but make a name for myself around my community. I have a screen name, but as previously stated, haven't done much with myself. I don't want the notoriety of "oooo, you're getting storked by ()", just want people to recognize my name in more forums, so that when I go to places where we actually meet face-to-face, people might say, "Oh, yeah. She's the one who storkes". It's something my mom has done, although it was not labeled as such, and so I have the ability to put a casserole together, and who cannot benefit more from a ready made meal, then a mom with a BRAND new baby.

All of this said, it's challenging for me. Not only the worry of what to make, physically making the dish and delivering it, it's the absolute reminder of babies. My hubby and I have been trying for years now to conceive, and have yet to reach our goal. Seeing these women is a deep swallow of jealousy for me, but I just chalk it up to, this is the right thing to do. I also want some of this good karma, and people will eventually be storking me.

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be great Karma for you Claire! Not just for the baby thing, but for the very fact that someday somewhere you will need someone. Everyone needs someone. I keep sending baby vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete