Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gee Honeymoon

As I've mentioned before, Ds loves his Gee. We have some strict rules in our house about his lovey, which are:

  • it does not come downstairs
  • does not go in the car
  • gets put away after we get dressed for the day (under his pillow)

Not that big of a deal, I don't feel like a tyrant when it comes to these rules, I don't want Gee dragged all over the house picking up germs, and who knows what else.

So this is our first week at home, and he won't hardly come downstairs! We've been playing with trains, that are set up downstairs, but as soon as he's done, it's back upstairs to "snuggle". I had him writing thank-you notes on his desk in his room, went to check on him, he was on the top bunk, snuggling. Watching movies on my bed for his afternoon chill-time, has Gee wrapped all around him. Now, it's time to play cars, and along with pushing his whole bin of cars into my room, Gee is on top.

Is this an issue? I'll have to keep you posted. He certainly seems to enjoy having Gee with him, and we are both VERY happy to be here, so maybe it's just a honeymoon phase he's in. After he gets used to the idea that we're not going to bolt out the door, he'll be more comfortable just being at the house without his lovey securely in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment