Saturday, February 20, 2010

Introduction

What lead me down this path is something that I had tried to ignore as a teenager, hide as a young college student, and put behind me when I got married. And after graduating from college, I was ready to start my career in the hospitality field. I moved to Charlotte, NC and started interviewing at nice hotels and resorts, only to find out that I would start at the bottom of the totem pole, which is nights and weekends. As a newly wed, I wasn't ready for this. Unfortunately, the tragedies struck our nation on 9-11, and the hospitality industry's bottom fell out. I watched as all of my newly graduated friends were let go as a result. With this new challenge I began thinking about what I already knew. As the oldest of 4, with 3 younger brothers, being bossy comes naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment