Sunday, February 21, 2010

History of professional nanny-ism

Like I have mentioned before, becoming a nanny wasn't my first career choice. Dh and I were just married, and have bills to pay, so I had to find something that would allow me to work during the day, during the week. I did some research online, and found an agency in Charlotte that would do all the leg work for me. I was interviewed, drug tested and referenced checked by them, then they set up interviews with families that might like me. A matchmaker, per say.

I connected with a family who had a tween and teenagers, who were really involved in school/sports and needed supervision plus transportation. We worked together for about 6 months, and I was really a dressed up chauffeur. Or, exactly what I did when I was 16yrs old living at home. When I look back on that experience, I think that solidified that I wanted to be home for my kids, so that they would never feel that it was an inconvenience for me to take them to their activities. In other words, let kids be kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment