Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bridges burned

I like to believe that I'm a decent person, have good manners and don't negatively effect people too much. This whole ordeal with my former boss that happened over a month ago is still bothering me. I guess it wouldn't get to me every now and then, but my son will reference our time there, or the little boy and he has such a sad tone in his voice, that it touches my heart. And I also think about how my nanny boy must feel. He's started a school program, and has friends in his neighborhood, so I don't think my son was at the top of his priority list, so hopefully he has moved on. For his mother, I doubt it.

I can say that, unfortunately, I have burned that bridge. For whatever reason, after my former boss found this blog and read the 1 post concerning my last few days @ her house, that she was washing her hands of me. Really, it wasn't that bad. And again, I was reflecting on MY behavior and how I was feeling, not venting about terrible my boss was, and that I couldn't wait to be done. The only thing I can think is that, somehow, I hurt her feelings. In the 2+ years that we were together she came to the conclusion that our kids were going to be lifelong friends, and would always be a part of each others lives. That's sweet, but unrealistic. And she always treated me, all be it a good, but still, an employee. I did have a pretty cushy job, 4 days a week, off when I wanted, even when that was at the last minuet so we could go farming. But again, it was a JOB, so I always had an arm's length opinion about everything.

It must be my son's feelings that I'm reacting to. Since I want the best for him, that includes not wanting him to be sad either. So this must be a lesson-in-progress for him to be sad. I think that after he starts his preschool program, and makes new friends he'll think about them, instead of his first good friend.

Still, I have to think about my job history to think about, and that she's refused to be my reference. I have friends who have seen me work, and will use them as my backup to explain and account for my professional history. And that's all that matters

1 comment:

  1. Aw Clare, I'm sorry. Life has a funny way of working people in and out of our lives who may not have a purpose for us in our endeavors to enhance our potential. Take it as an opportunity to find a new person to be in your life, and learn from the whole circumstance to keep growing.

    ReplyDelete